Form W-7 is essential while applying for an IRS individual taxpayer identification number (ITIN).. An الرقم الضريبي الفردي is a tax processing number issued by the Internal Revenue Service. It is being issued by the IRS to help individuals abide by the U.S. tax laws and account for tax returns and payments for those who are not eligible for Social Security number (SSN). However, it is good to keep in mind that an ITIN doesn’t authorize work in the U.S. or provide suitability for Social Security benefits.
If you are a U.S. citizen, you can identify yourself or your family members to IRS for tax-related issues, though this process is a bit complicated for non-U.S. citizens. Even so, there is no need to worry: all you need to do is applying for an ITIN and submitting form W-7.
What is the required information for form w-7?
The form basically asks for the following information:
- Your name, mailing address and, if different, foreign address,
- Your birth date and location of birth,
- Your country of citizenship,
- Your foreign tax ID number (if applicable),
- Your U.S. visa number (if applicable),
- Other details verifying your identity.